Thursday 9 February 2012

The Sunken Dead

Two extremes in this post: the old and the new.

First off is my first or second (can't remember) alter of one of my favourite cards, Trinket Mage.
I attempted to jam this wherever I could a while back, so for a short period he found himself sitting in the sideboard of a theoretical modern merfolk deck. Don't ask me how or why, I've forgotten, and feel smarter for having done so.

Very proud of this guy none the less.


Second, we have probably my first formal commission (though thankfully not the first sale or trade). I'm just finding my feet with character alters, and I feel hesitant to take away from the already amazing art of magic by painting over the whole card, but alas, it was a fun (yet at times frustrating) alter.... I guess it suits the card then.


Art based off illustrations for The Walking Dead comic series by illustrator Tony Moore.



2 comments: